Friday, March 20, 2009

It's alive!

I made it through surgery- 9 and 1/2 hours of it. Eric actually went in for about 2 hours near the end. I never, ever could have done that. Mad props to the boy! Also props for the fact that he has washed my face for me and fluffed my pillows. He's an excellent fluffer.

So, it looks like there was no cartilage tear, but there was lots and lots of impingement from my fat femoral neck, so they shaved that down and did the PAO after that.

So the part that I was mosty scared of is over. Now, all I have to do is get through the recovery.
That's easy, right?


PS- If you're wondering how I'm capable of blogging, the answer is simple.
Epidural.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kathy, Epidurals are the BEST!!!!
I'd like to have an epidural from the dentist, but he refuses!! lol

Jim J. said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

I am so reli... wait....

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!

Hooray for you, and Eric, and Mom, and Nora, and T-Dan, and everyone else involved in getting you to and through this process.

It's so good to see an update in your own words.

Rachel said...

kat--lots and lots of love coming your way from the e-s household. i'll call eric and see when i can come up and see you. lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

Listening.
Listening with all my heart.
Just spent 5 minutes staring at the keyboard trying to think of something else to say that could possibly help...but I got nothin.
But I will ALWAYS be listening. (Not out of any sense of obligation or pity, dammit!) I just love to hear what you have to say, hip or no hip. And that's because you are amazingly funny, insightful, and cool.
Hip. Or. No. Hip.
-Toonces