Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to Rehab

It's not the new Amy Winehouse album. It's just me in the swimming pool. And on the bike. And on the mat. And now, on the couch.
I can't seem to remember if I was this wiped out before we went to Duluth. If I recall clearly, I think it was actually much worse. Of course, I'm not back up to working quite as hard. But I'll get there.
On the plus side, I haven't taken any pain meds all day. And I only took one all day yesterday- at bedtime. This is a huge improvement and I think it has a lot to do with not pushing it quite as hard as I was last week. I think I have to focus my energies on the prescribed exercises first. Then, whatever I have left that day, I can use to my discretion. But I have to be a good little patient. I can't expend all my energy on other stuff, no matter how much I want to go to the library, get my CME done for the year or cook dinner.
Two more days until my six-week check up. I'll have X-rays done and they will tell me if I can walk, drive, start physical therapy, and eliminate some of the restrictions. I'm a little excited. With the recent decrease in pain, I'm having a hard time believing that things are not healing as they should and I'm very hopeful that I'll be taking the next step forward this week.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My fingers and my toes are all crossed for you!