Friday, April 3, 2009

POD #14

Two weeks ago today, I signed a consent form to have someone break my pelvis. Now, I'm living with that. Just a thought.

In other (but related) news, I awoke this morning to Nora giggling. The last two weeks, I have been waking up to the throbbing of my hip as my pain medicine wears off. It was like stepping into sunshine to not wake up to pain. So, obviously, I felt better about weaning off my pain medicines. I decided to play it by ear.

It is now 14 hours later. I have taken no MS Contin and only 3 Vicodin all day. And I'm in no pain. Granted, I'm in my standard 6-hours-of-CPM-threatening-to-give-me-a-pressure-ulcer pose on the couch. But earlier, I went to the pool and bought a membership, then ran errands until 1:00 and went to lunch. (Don't worry- Mom drove.)

So, it's exactly 14 days after surgery and I think I'm turning that corner that the surgeon told me I would turn at 2 weeks. Hunh. Turns out he knows what he's talking about.

No comments: