Monday, April 27, 2009

That which doesn't kill me...

And it didn't.
I'm very tired and my rehab fell by the wayside to a large extent. Even on the days when I did still have the time and energy to ride the bike, etc. it was pretty minimalist. I was pushing myself in so many other directions that I didn't imagine that I wasn't working hard enough.
Now, I'm back home and getting back into my routine and let me tell you- I wasn't working hard enough. Apparently, the progress that I had made was so very tenuous that skipping 2 days of leg lifts is still a major setback. Weird, huh?
On the other hand, I was out of bed and dressed by 7:30 every morning. I ate all my meals out of bed, if not exactly at a table. I went through seven houses in one day, all of which had stairs. We bought one of them. We visited four daycares and chose one for Nora. We drove and drove and drove and drove.
I am exhausted.
I feel like once I get rested up, my baseline will be significantly better than it was before I left. Or at least, that's what I'm telling myself. For now, just let me sleep.

2 comments:

jenni said...

what daycare did you choose? Is it the kindercare at the hershey med center??? Lilly was broken last week. She mentioned more then once she wanted Nora to come to her house. This morning I got her out of bed by telling her Nora would be at school, she bolted I tell ya.

Kat said...

No, the commute would be too long to have Nora at Kindercare in Hershey. But we did have it written into our contract that Lilly has to attend school in Duluth. Sorry- did I forget to mention that?